Wednesday 19 February 2014

Review // YSL Touche Éclat Foundation

After lusting over the Le Teint YSL Touche Éclat foundation since it's release, I've finally got it. The idea of the foundation is that it highlights the contours of your face, and acts as the sister to the infamous Touche Éclat.



 Can we just take a minute to appreciate the beauty of this packaging? The weighty glass bottle feels extremely expensive, and while this may seem impractical for travel, it's too beautiful to actually care. In addition, it comes with a pump which regulates how much of the foundation you use; I find only one pump is necessary for my whole face. 

My skin has been varying between oily and dry/combination recently due to spot treatments giving me a better position to judge how well the foundation is suited for various skin types. The great thing about this foundation on dry skin is that after applying moisturiser this will not cling to any dry patches and emphasise them. For those with oily skin, I have found that when using this foundation powder is vital as this will ensure it lasts throughout the day. Another point to note is that after applying the skin does tend to feel a bit wet, taking a while to sink in. After trialing a variety of techniques for application I find that using a buffing brush like the Zoeva Silk Finish (pictured( is the best at combating this problem, as it really works the foundation into the skin. 

Another distinctive element to take into account before letting go of your pennies on the £29foundation is that while applying it does have a strong scent, which may not appeal to many as well as possibly being an irritant on some. This, in my opinion is a pleasant fresh scent and while I have sensitive skin this foundation has not broken me out at all in the two months I have been wearing it. The average wearing time would be around 7 hours. The foundation never looks cakey and always look natural and glowing while not looking overly dewy. I would gladly repurchase the Le Teint Touche Éclat foundation when it runs out despite the hefty price tag as I feel it is most definitely worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment