Tuesday 2 April 2013

Mac Eyeshadow Palette


Hi all, hope you've all been well lately and I hope you had a good Easter weekend. I thought I'd do a Mac eyeshadow collection in an attempt to divert from the reviews that seem to feature quite regularly on our blog.

I started to hastily build up a palette of Mac eyeshadows last year, and quickly filled a palette, even though each eyeshadow costs £10 (pro palette refill). I use the eye shadows on a daily basis and it becomes an issue when travelling as to which I choose to take with me, as the palette is on the larger side compared to some on the market, such as the Urban Decay Build Your Own palettes. However, as it does hold 15 eyeshadows, (each weighing 1.5g) and so relative to this it is compact. You can also remove the insert and place over 20 instead. The pro palette costs £22.50 (with the pro palette eye shadow x15 insert which costs £15).

(Left to Right, Top to Bottom)   Brule, All That Glitters, Patina, Satin Taupe, Greensmoke, Nylon, Era, Charcoal Brown, Brun, Humid, Naked Lunch, Woodwinked, Mulch, Smut, Black Tide
I decided to choose neutral shadows, which have all had a large amount of coverage on the blogosphere. One of my favourites is All That Glitters, this is great for universal colour and adds interest to anyone's eyelids! I love to pair with this another favourite of mine, Charcoal Brown. This is a great crease and eyebrow shade. I would recommend anyone who loves warm shades or has blue eyes to purchase Mulch and Woodwinked. MAC eyeshadows are extremely famous and I can see why, they are pigmented, easily to blend, and of high quality overall.

Creating your own pro palette with 15 eyeshadows would cost you a staggering £172.50. This is probably the only negative, in my opinion. However, I don't regret purchasing as I know how long this palette will last me considering I have only hit pan on a couple eyeshadows over the past year, and I have used it everyday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment