Sunday 18 August 2013

July Favourites


It's not often that I accrue enough products that I'm loving to dedicate a whole post to my monthly favourites however July has brought me many a fave so without further ado, here are my July favourites. 

The Caudalie Divine Oil has been a saviour for me in recent weeks. As the sun has come out, so have my legs and they have been in desperate need of some TLC. The divine oil provide the perfect finishing touch after the whole leg prep ritual and as it soaks in so quickly, you're ready to walk out the door and strut your stuff almost straight away with super smooth legs that look moisturised but not greasy. 

At the end of June, 29th to be precise, it was my birthday!! I received an iPad Mini and haven't been able to get off it, my laptop has almost become obsolete! It's so handy to browse the web (or drool over things I'll probably never get *sighs*), write up blogposts, play games, watch films, read books, etc!!!! It's perfect for everything and is such a handy size, you can just chuck it in your bag and off you trot. 

I find that makeup is definitely one to be kept to a minimum in summer, especially around the eyes and I just look for the more bright and awake look. When I do decide to be slightly wild, I go for the classic winged liner. The Maybelline gel liner is perfect as it is easy to apply and doesn't budge. At. All. It's staying power is amazing however I do find this to be a bit of a pain when it gets to the end of the day because it is pretty adamant in not leaving when it comes to makeup removal, I have found the oil based eye make up removals work best. 

M x


To add a healthy glow to my face this summer I have been reaching for this handy trio of cream blushes. I have got the most use out of the darkest shade, Peony, because I find that if paired with bronzer, it can give a "I've been in the sun all day, look how fab I am" look. Cherry blossom is a really pretty baby pink which has been another favourite. 

I was really disappointed in January when the MUA in Space NK gave me a colour too dark for my skin tone. Now it is summer and I have a bit of a tan, to my delight I have been able to use this product. This gives you a good amount of coverage, as well as being comfortable to wear in the summer. This also proves to give a glow and radiance to the skin. 

I bought the Laura Mercier baked bronzer after I finished my beloved Nars Laguna bronzer. This bronzer is completely matte, and quite sheer so it would be ideal for paler skin tones. However, you can build it up as well to give the desired look. I have been using this everyday over the high points of my face, paired with my stila cream blush Peony to fake a sun kissed look. 

L x




No comments:

Post a Comment